Home Forums INTRODUCE YOURSELF INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, I’m a 74 year old from Colorado in the USA.35 years ago walking allowed me to lose 50 pounds in a year. But as I’ve aged the pounds have crept back on, my walking slowed and became mor uncomfortable. I’m hoping that with walk active practice my joy in walking and my fluidity will return. I’ve done a lot of walking in the UK, the Cotswolds, the Thames Path and other shorter day walks from and in London.

Dubravka P
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    My name is Dubravka and I live and work in East London. After purchasing Joanna’s excellent book I did a 7-day Walkactive course in November. Daily walks on nearby flats have been a great help both physically and mentally during the consecutive lockdowns and WalkActive approach has taken them to the next level. I have now rejoined WalkActive on Demand to polish my technique and hope to enjoy further benefits arising from this. I look forward to sharing my experiences and progress with others on this forum. Thank you Joanna for being so generous with resources offered via this platform.

lindawilliams1309
    Participant

Hello Everyone. My name is Linda and I am 65 years old and live in Staffordshire. I have just signed up for the Walkactive on Demand. I am only 5 foot tall and therefore have short legs, I always though that was the reason I could not walk very fast! Having watched the first two videos videos it is obvious that I walk completely wrong with my foot and ankle. My upper body posture is quite good, I do regular Pilates. I hope to increase my walking speed and fitness and also improve a couple of foot problems. I am awaiting delivery of my new altra shoes and can’t wait to get going.

Hollpoll
    Participant

Hi Andrea,
    I’m also in South Yorkshire, it’s my first time here. I’ll have to watch out for people with good form and wave in case it’s you 😂. Once I’ve some idea what that looks like!

Holly

Hollpoll
    Participant

Hi,
    My name is Holly and I’m in South Yorkshire. I’m a 46 year old Teaching Assistant so think I spend a lot of time leaning forward in my work which is reflected in my walking posture.
    I have very flat feet, anterior knee pain and recurrent plantar fasciitis which I think has all been exacerbated by rigid footwear, passive foot placement and over reliance on those “playground bully” muscles. Having said that I do walk a lot both for leisure and as I don’t have a car so tend to walk everywhere anyway.
    Nice to meet you all and excited to get started. X

Hollpoll
    Participant

Hi, to another South Yorkshire person, I’m wondering about the hills too. Finding flat areas to practice is not as easy as you’d think, is it? 😂

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.