Home Forums FEEDBACK ON WALKACTIVE FEET + HIPS FEEDBACK ON WALKACTIVE FEET + HIPS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

FEEDBACK ON YOUR WALKACTIVE FEET + HIPS.

Global Greetings!

Please leave your feedback below on how you are getting on with your WalkActive Feet. Love to hear your comments on how you have got on with this task from your lesson on ADD WALKACTIVE FEET + HIPS and how you are feeling below please. Enjoy! Joanna x

ChrisM
    Participant

Hi, I’ve been a little slow in joining the forum, been concentrating on the peel before moving onto the hips. I find the hip lift easier to maintain than the peeling through the feet, I have to keep talking to myself, but am sure it will become my natural walk eventually. I was finding my walk a little bouncy with the peel, but watching your videos and your superman analogy was helpful. I think I was leaning back ever so slightly which made me bounce. Strangely I find when walking up an incline I can feel the benefit of peeling from the back foot and the strength in my feet propelling me forward.

Joanna HallJoanna Hall
    Keymaster

Hello ChrisM,What a good observation. Walking on inclines can be very helpful to help with technique – watch or join my Live Coaching #3 session as I’ll address this in more detail. Are you happy about the “bounce” you are feeling now? Think of it in a propulsion forward and glide rather than bounce -I talk about this in Live Coaching #2. Enjoy!

jeanburnham25gmail.com
    Participant

Hi ,
    Advice please…when walking down hill do I change the stride length?
    Jean Burnham

Joanna HallJoanna Hall
    Keymaster

Hello Jean,

Good question – yes it should actually get a little longer. Think of the back foot as your brake and allow the front foot to float forward. I will be covering slopes in one of my Live Coaching sessions v soon. 🙂

ChrisM
    Participant

Sorry I missed the live session on Monday, just caught up. I will try going down hill first. I’ve managed a couple of 20 minute outback walks on my own this week and can really feel it all coming together, feet and hips are becoming embedded, arms are swinging, I need to keep reminding myself to keep my eyeline up so my chin doesn’t drop. Feel very unsociable leaving my husband behind, but being able to fully concentrate really helps bring it all together, hopefully the more I can do that and it becomes my natural walk, I can then talk at the same time! 🙂

Thanks for the sessions. My commitment this week is to complete my 10 minutes outback walks and concentrate on the alignment from my head to my back foot.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.