Home Forums FEEDBACK ON YOUR WALKACTIVE FEET FEEDBACK ON YOUR WALKACTIVE FEET

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

FEEDBACK ON YOUR WALKACTIVE FEET

Global Greetings!

Please leave your feedback below on how you are getting on with your WalkActive Feet. Love to hear your comments on how you have got on with this task from your lesson on WALKACTIVE FEET and how you are feeling below please. Enjoy! Joanna x

robera2
    Participant

Really need to concentrate. Felt a bit tense through body. Will need to repeat this another day. Wind and blizzards!

Joanna HallJoanna Hall
    Keymaster

Thank you Robera2 – really common to have to concentrate on this – if you feel you get too tense – stop, relax and try the open ankle drill on both legs. Also do try to come to the live coaching on FEET this Monday or on catch up as I will be able to help you in re al time too!

Sandra
    Participant

What is the right sequence for rolling through the toes as your foot peels away from the ground? You mention it in your video but I never quite catch it. Logically I feel it should be little, middle, big. I’m also not sure how much I should be making the toes work or will the peeling action automatically make the toes work correctly? I feel I may be overthinking my toes.

I’m really glad I found the programme. Thank you. Sandra

Joanna HallJoanna Hall
    Keymaster

Hi Sandra, Good question.

1. Think of it as an even peel off all three points of toes at same time,
    2. Visualise the foot and hips almost as a paddle and the movement is from the hips.
    3. No need to over think it but do try to encourage move movement through your feet – think soft and gentle rather than forceful.
    Check out this review of Open Ankle drill to help plus the recording Live Coaching on Feet will be available shortly too.
    Are you able to come this Monday for Live Coaching on Hips ?
    Here is the link to register : – its all free but just need to register to access

https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMrfuGtpzMiEtzF907EkTMg6r_cQ0Ht8mrd

Hope this helps you.
    Well done

JuliaD
    Participant

It has been really beneficial to spend concentrated time on my feet. Thank you Joanna for you suggestion to do 3 open ankle drills on my weaker left foot and this is really paying off. My left foot os getting stronger and is noticeable as I apply the walkactive feet technique. I am also noticing that I am feeling the benefit in my leg muscles as my feet technique improve.
    Can I just ask about the 3×10 practice. As part of my work balance and de-stress I really like to go for a good walk on most days. I usually start with the walkactive practice for my longer walk but then relax into my usual stride, and I also find my muscles getting tired with trying to keep the walkactive feet going. Any suggestions?
    Looking forward to the next live session.

Thank you
    Julia

EllenA
    Participant

This is my first post since introducing myself. Apologies. Really enjoyed the walk today paying attention to my feet. “Feel the peel” is a helpful mantra and amused a neighbour I came across as I demonstrated the technique (from a socially acceptable distance!)

Invested in some vivobarefoot shoes (vegan, recycled materials) which I have used before and they really make a difference. Dayglow colour remarked upon by aforementioned neighbour. Felt the WA effect on upper thigh and buttocks. Can’t wait to address hips tomorrow before the next coaching session on Monday. Thank you Joanna for the email link to the first coaching session, I prefer this facility as my cat has a habit of walking across the laptop keyboard or attempts to curl up on it seeking out warmth, which somewhat disrupts the live streaming!!

Hope everyone hanging on in there…we can do this, at our own pace…

Joanna HallJoanna Hall
    Keymaster

Yeah Ellen – what a lovely post well done! I love teaching WalkActive hips as i find this session can be challenging but can really bring it together. Fab effort and just think how you are keeping your neighbourhood happy! Global Greetings.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.