Home Forums FEEDBACK ON YOUR WALKACTIVE HIPS FEEDBACK ON YOUR WALKACTIVE HIPS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

FEEDBACK ON YOUR WALKACTIVE HIPS.

Global Greetings!

Please leave your feedback below on how you are getting on with your WalkActive hips. Love to hear your comments on how you have got on with this task from your lesson on ADD WALKACTIVE HIPS and how you are feeling below please. Happy hip lifts! Joanna x

EmmaB
    Participant

Hi

This is more of a leg query rather than a hip or foot thing I think. I’m getting pain in my knees, particularly the back/side of my knees with with Walkactive. I’ve believe I hyperextend my knees and I think when I’m peeling off my foot, this is over-extending my knee (backwards) as I keep my leg straight.

Is there something I can do to get round this?
    Thanks

EllenA
    Participant

Practised feet and hips for the first week after watching the video link, then decided to focus more on hips the second week. I agree that WA hip lift is a FEELING…when I found myself overthinking global greetings spacing I reverted back to the “gather gather” of putting on leggings and thought of lengthening the distance between the pubic bone and navel. Definitely felt my torso lengthen. Looking forward to next feet and hips session and hearing how everyone is doing.

If I find my attention wander I just enjoy seeing and hearing the variety of birds/song on the riverbank and then refocus my mind. I am looking forward to the new course in April, Stroll to Stride 5k. I am enjoying the self guided programme but feel that I sometimes lose impetus with the interval between sessions, although it does gives me time time to catch up!!

Joanna HallJoanna Hall
    Keymaster

Hi Emma,
    I’ll address this in my live coaching today, but I’d like you to think about the mobility of the hips as this will help alleviate the extension on the knee – I’ll demonstrate what i mean in the live coaching but in the meantime try this mini series of progressive hip opening exercises to help you. See how you go:

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by Joanna HallJoanna Hall.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.